On Wednesday 24 February 2010 08:12:05 Niels Breet wrote:
> I'd like to get an OK from the council so we all agree on this. If there
> had been data in the project it was a more difficult decision, but now it
> seems completely empty.

I agree that this is probably the correct thing to do.  However, I would like
to make sure the current admin has a fair chance to object.  After all, maybe
he is on holiday?

I suggest a "formal" email from Niels, in the name of the council, notifying
him that someone else wants to take over his project and that the council
agrees.

As the project is currently empty, and so nothing will be lost, I would give
him 1 more week to respond to that email.

If the project had content but seemed to be abandonned I would say the process
should be to give him 2 weeks to respond, then archive the project before
handing it over (is there a way to rename an existing project so it could be
named "<project>-old" or something?).

Graham