Hi,

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Graham Cobb
<g+...@cobb.uk.net<g%2b...@cobb.uk.net>
> wrote:

> On Wednesday 24 February 2010 08:12:05 Niels Breet wrote:
> > I'd like to get an OK from the council so we all agree on this. If there
> > had been data in the project it was a more difficult decision, but now it
> > seems completely empty.
>
> I agree that this is probably the correct thing to do.  However, I would
> like
> to make sure the current admin has a fair chance to object.  After all,
> maybe
> he is on holiday?
>
> I suggest a "formal" email from Niels, in the name of the council,
> notifying
> him that someone else wants to take over his project and that the council
> agrees.
>
> As the project is currently empty, and so nothing will be lost, I would
> give
> him 1 more week to respond to that email.

Yup, agree with these rules, is not the first time that someone wants to
takeover a garage project, can't recall correctly who asked me the same
thing, but that person got a reply from the 'old' administrator.

> If the project had content but seemed to be abandonned I would say the
> process
> should be to give him 2 weeks to respond, then archive the project before
> handing it over (is there a way to rename an existing project so it could
> be
> named "<project>-old" or something?).

If renaming is possible would be a better option IMO.

Best regards,

--
Valério Valério

http://www.valeriovalerio.org