> Hallo!
>

>>> What happens to apps (especially those with Qt dependencies)
>>> _currently_
>>> in Extras, i.e., how will they get to the fremantle1.2 Extras repo ?
>
>> The Qt apps are currently blocked from being promoted to prevent
>> issues. The fremantle-1.2 repository will probably need to be 'legacy'
>> clean. Qt 4.5.3 is not available in Extras and will probably not be
>> available on
> any
>> repository enabled by default on the device. This means that
>> applications depending on this, will not work.
>>
>> Those applications need actual changes to work with Qt4.6 iirc.
>>

> No, what happens witht he packages currently ine extras?

fremantle-1.2 will just be a copy with applications which don't work removed.

> * Will they automatically moved to fremantle-1.2 Extras?

All apps that are not touching the changed APIS are expected to work just
fine. Nokia people are running Extras apps on PR1.2 test images just fine.

>* Will they automatically rebuild against then current
> SDK? if yes, how do we find out it will work?

Testing shows not a lot of problems, only the obvious Qt apps.

> * Will fremantle-1.2 Extras be intially empty and
> we have to get all packages in it again trhought he extras-testing process
> (Ooohhh, noooo,
> that will take ages!)

No, don't worry.

--