Hi,

I've never tried to link anything statically, so I have really no
experiences to share here. Anyways, since no one objected, it's probably
not a bad idea :)

Before doing the release, maybe we should try to collect a list of
project currently using widgets from hildon-extras. We could then
directly contact the authors to notify them of the change.

Also we should think about further additions, that should go into the
first release. For example, I would really like to have a nice
HeColorButton, that contains a colored square and a label. The
integration of HeColorDialog and HeSimpleColorDialog would also be nice.

I could go for the color button. Would there be someone interested in
bringing together the color dialogs?

Generally I think the widgets in hildon-extras are already a great
addition to the standard hildon widgets and I think we really should
release them soon(-ish) :)

Cheers!
Conny