On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Attila Csipa <ma...@csipa.in.rs> wrote:

> view has changed dramatically. Turns out Extras-devel applications regularly
> have hundreds of 'silent' users willing to try out things, regardless of
> risk. Appwatch itself, even with it's huge Qt dependencies and occasional

Part of the reason may be that users are urged to enable extras-devel
to try various pieces of software (e.g. mad-developer).

>> or Extras-Hacking.
>
> I would still prefer a PPA-style deployment so people would not trip over each
> other.

I second this (and have asked for this before). It would be much safer
to request users to enable various PPA's than to enable the full
extras-devel repository.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio