Aldon Hynes schrieb:
> I'm in agreement that this is part of the beauty of the N900 and believe that
> this really strengthens the community.  To the extent that we all have
> freedom about which developers we want to hang out with and where we want to
> share our code, we are stronger.
>
> I should note that some of this depends on what you are thinking about as the
> definition of the community.  To me, the community is of people interested in
> developing applications for the N900.  This is a different community that I
> hope significantly overlaps with the community of people that participate on
> the maemo-developers list, the community of people that submit packages to
> mameo.org, the community of people working on MeeGo, and other communities.
>
> Personally, I remain strongly committed to the community of people interested
> in developing applications for the N900, though for various reasons, I feel
> less strong ties to some of the other communties mentioned.
>
> I do hope that Benoit will have a repository up soon that those interested in
> can use, just as I think it was great that Jeff  set up his mirror
> repository.  I also hope people working with other repositories will learn
> from Jeff and Benoit and continue to make further improvements in their
> repositories, processes and subcommunities.
>
> My two cents.

Excellent summary - I add another two ;)

Though I have to admit not having had anything to do with the extras
stuff so I do not feel the same pain as other seem to do but I still see
the reasoning and the above hits the spot.

The freedom we have with open Source and Maemo is also the freedom not
to do things the way others (whoever that is) meant it to be done. You
can follow - but you do not have to.

> Aldon
Cheers
  nils

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535
http://www.kernelconcepts.de