Martin DeMello schrieb:
> 2010/3/24 Nils Faerber <nils.faer...@kernelconcepts.de>:
>> I think, my final point, the point that heated up some minds here is
>> that you loudly demanded the deletion of packages. This is a
>> controversal point and quite uncommon - what is released is released and
>> stays released. While it can be understood why you wanted it for some
>> people it might have raised one or the other eye-brow ;)
>> Why not simply increase the version numbers and put them in your feed to
>> overide the "older" ones?
>
> If he does that, wouldn't the people who got his stuff from the extras
> repo never even know there was a new version out somewhere else?
> They'd just think it was an abandoned app.

Well, yes, this is the problem with moving sites, completely right.
So people (users) need to be made aware of the move.
This can be done quite easily - the internet and google do the trick -
publish the fact in a blog and a mailinglist post along with a proper
homepage and people will find it.
Been there, done that - works ;)
Of course you will not catch all of them - that's a pity, truely.

What would probably help here is to create a page on the Maemo Wiki
listing all "known" external feeds and what can be found in there. This
would make changes like this pretty obvious for people looking for it.

> martin
Cheers
  nils

--
kernel concepts GbR      Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48  Fax: +49-271-771091-19