I have checked atspi is running or not like this
>>> import atspi

(no errors). Is this the way to check whether it is running or not??

I am trying to get the object of "Calculator" app on N900. I really dont
know how to do that. where as on desktop I did like this for opening an
Totem application.
totem = tree.root.application('totem')
MovieMenu=totem.menu('Movie').click()
This justed worked on Desktop. Whereas to get the object of "Calculator "
App on Maemo. I did this
Calc=tree.root.application('/usr/bin/osso_calculator')
searching for child of {root}: "/usr/bin/osso_calculator" application
(attempt 3)
searching for child of {root}: "/usr/bin/osso_calculator" application
(attempt 4)
... and the trying went on.

So could you please suggest me how to get the object of "Calculator" and
click one button with that.

Thanks a lot for your help.
-Praveen