From: praveen koduru <prawin1...@gmail.com>

> I have checked atspi is running or not like this
>>>>
> (no errors). Is this the way to check whether it is running or not??

No, I mean something more simple:

ps aux | grep at-spi

> I am trying to get the object of "Calculator" app on N900. I really dont
> know how to do that. where as on desktop I did like this for opening an
> Totem application.
> totem = tree.root.application('totem')
> MovieMenu=totem.menu('Movie').click()
> This justed worked on Desktop. Whereas to get the object of "Calculator "
> App on Maemo. I did this
> Calc=tree.root.application('/usr/bin/osso_calculator')
> searching for child of {root}: "/usr/bin/osso_calculator" application
> (attempt 3)
> searching for child of {root}: "/usr/bin/osso_calculator" application
> (attempt 4)
> ... and the trying went on.

As I told you before, arm-for-testing on doesn't enable a11y for all
applications. Take into account that this link is for a automatic
testing framework, so it only include some applications.

In order to load the a11y modules, GTK_MODULES need to be set to
GTK_MODULES=gail:hail:atk-bridge.

arm-for-testing on change the launcher of the supported applications
in order to be sure that GTK_MODULES has the correct values.

> So could you please suggest me how to get the object of "Calculator" and
> click one button with that.

You could try the same suggestion I made in the previous mail related
with the contacts application. Try to change the calculator launcher,
in order to use the summoner and have the envvar with the correct
value:

>> #!/bin/sh
>> unset AF_DEFINES_SOURCED
>> source /etc/osso-af-init/af-defines.sh
>> export GTK_MODULES=gail:hail:atk-bridge
>> exec maemo-summoner /usr/bin/osso-addressbook.launch

In the same way, you could create a simple gtk application, without
maemo-launcher, and then try to execute it by hand in this way:

$GTK_MODULES=gail:hail:atk-bridge ./my-gtk-application

> Thanks a lot for your help.

You are welcome, sorry for not be enough clear in my explanations, and
thanks to test it. I have "Try if all a11y pieces works on n900" in my
TODO list for a long time.

> -Praveen

BR

===