On 09/22/2010 01:35 PM, ext Ville M. Vainio wrote:
As many of you go, Nokia Qt SDK uses, through MADDE, a special
'developer' account (with it's own home directory) to do stuff on the
device

That means that it doesn't use the information (databases etc.) stored
in the users home directory. I'm gradually starting to feel this is a
bad idea, that leads to subtle problems when developers are trying to
pretend that they are running their application as default user (and
hence have direct access to all the data user has).

From Qt Creator's side, nothing prevents you from just giving the user name "user" instead of "developer" in the Maemo device configuration. The only problem is then accessing that account; if I'm not much mistaken, login is disabled for it.

Christian