In my very limited personal experience from my first few hours with Qt Creator
yesterday, I can already tell you that it doesn't help in security at all:
I was browsing the example projects and decided to take a look at the calendar
example. Debugging it on the device caused it to replace the in-built
calendar...

-Tom