I am packaging communi (IRC client)  for the n900 and had an issue with the
autobuilder that I can't figure out.

I also packaged the libircclient-qt library (that communi depends on).

This is the error I get (from *1):

dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for
/usr/lib/libircclient-qt.so.0 (used by debian/communi/usr/bin/communi).
dh_shlibdeps: dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/communi.substvars
debian/communi/usr/bin/communi returned exit code 2
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 9
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit
status 2

I was able to make another version of the application build by removing the
dh_shlibdeps (thanks MohammadAG for that) but then had to list the
dependencies manually (and of course missed one). Can anybody help me
understand/fix the problem? I don't know if it is something I missed on the
"libircclient-qt-dev" package or something wrong on the communi package.

Thanks in advance,

Felipe

[1]
https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fremantle/communi_2.0.0-1/armel.build.log.F