Sorry for top posting, I'm doing it to avoid addressing our specific points ;-).

1) You can use my "qdebwiz" python script to package a stereotypical,
simple Qt application for N900:

git clone git://gitorious.org/qdebwiz/qdebwiz.git

README:

http://gitorious.com/qdebwiz/qdebwiz/blobs/master/README

tl;dr: it populates a debian/ folder according to stuff you have in
(also autogenerated) ini file. The debian/rules currently uses CDBS -
works fine on autobuilder and linux madde, doesn't work in windows
madde. With a few canned tweaks, your package should be OK for Ovi
store as well.

2) If you are not in a hurry, wait for Nokia Qt SDK 1.1 betas. NQS 1.1
(w/ Qt Creator 2.1) has support for "real" packaging, as opposed to
development-mode-only support in earlier NQS releases.

Ville M. Vainio @@ Forum Nokia