Hi Ville,

Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> Sorry for top posting, I'm doing it to avoid addressing our specific points
> ;-).
>
> 1) You can use my "qdebwiz" python script to package a stereotypical,
> simple Qt application for N900:
>
> git clone git://gitorious.org/qdebwiz/qdebwiz.git
>
> README:
>
> http://gitorious.com/qdebwiz/qdebwiz/blobs/master/README
>
> tl;dr: it populates a debian/ folder according to stuff you have in
> (also autogenerated) ini file. The debian/rules currently uses CDBS -
> works fine on autobuilder and linux madde, doesn't work in windows
> madde. With a few canned tweaks, your package should be OK for Ovi
> store as well.
>
> 2) If you are not in a hurry, wait for Nokia Qt SDK 1.1 betas. NQS 1.1
> (w/ Qt Creator 2.1) has support for "real" packaging, as opposed to
> development-mode-only support in earlier NQS releases.

So - your advice to someone looking to package a Hildon application for
Fremantle would be to rewrite it as a Qt app? Or will qdebwiz also work
with Hildon apps?

Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, and you're suggesting that
developers should use whatever method is appropriate for the upstream
build tools, and then handle the packaging afterwards? (which seems like
sensible advice).

Thanks!
Dave.

--