On Thursday 27 January 2011 18:07:32 Andrew Flegg wrote:
> Unless we take extraordinary (and almost certainly self-defeating)
> actions like requiring KISStester to be installed to use any software
> from Extras-(devel|testing).

In fact, I would very specifically argue against such an approach. The
experience from various appstores tells us that forced/induced feedback is
basically rubbish. Without wishing to insult anyone, most of the feedback
gathered that way goes the lines of 'ooh, shiny' vs 'sucks'. We need more
focused feedback than that - and IMHO having people opt in instead of out is
IMHO the only way to do it (I would rather have 0.1% of good feedback than 10%
of noise).

> That's not to say that a firm push behind KISStester wouldn't help
> with the QA process. I certainly like the idea of it a) doing
> automated checks and b) using notifications if I've installed a new
> version of an app and haven't rated it in a week.

I would appreciate *some* help with it, though, esp considering A). In the
meantime, I made a quick porting trip (pun intended) so now kisstester is done
with QtQuick, and to my delight, it makes quite a difference (to my surprise,
it wasn't that much hairier than python contrary to what I expected from good
ole C++).

Best regards,
Attila Csipa