I've used mencoder in the following way

mencoder %anymovie% -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=64 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=1:vbitrate=300 -vf scale=240:144 -ffourcc DIVX -ofps 25000/1001 -o %anymovie_now_nokia770_sized%.avi

but whenever the resulting video file is large, like 100megs, the nokia refuses to play it with a generic video playback error. Does anyone watch large video files on their nokia? Am I the only one having this problem?

Speaking of large files, I'm dissapointed that the browser application refuses to download large 100megabyte files by simply greying out the save and open buttons while leaving only cancel. If anyone has had any luck with this I'd love to hear about it.

-
Hil