On Fri, 2007-06-07 at 20:16 +0100, Alan Williamson wrote:
> > Skype is closed, proprietary software that uses an undocumented
> > proprietary protocol. This mailing list is not the appropriate venue
> > for hyping that sort of software.
>
> Big deal!!!  So what its not "open".  I really do hate this sort of
> bigotry - Get over yourself!

Well, except, the people behind Skype have effectively dropped the ball
on Linux versions and there is no way for the community to solve
problems such as no video support, except by reverse engineering the
protocol.  Open Source does not suffer from this issue.

Here is another reason, Skype has been found to be using the resources
in your computer without letting the user know about it, it's a bit
underhanded to say the least.