John Rudd wrote:
> Frédéric Crozat wrote:
>
>> Le dimanche 21 octobre 2007 à 12:58 -0700, John Rudd a écrit :
>>
>>> I'm more interested in seeing how the proporta alu-leather case works
>>> out (and how soon they get a version of the alu-leather case out for the
>>> N810).  The alu-leather case is what I was planning to buy for the N800.
>>>
>> n800 hard casing from Nokia is starting to be available from Nokia
>> Online shop (I've ordered mine, it is currently in backorder).
>>

> I realize others may feel differently, but something I have to glue to
> the back of my device (such as the metal plate that the nokia hard case
> attaches to) is not something I'm going to buy.  I hope it works out for
> you, though.

IMHO, the tablet devices themselves are hard cases that should be reasonably
capable of 'defending' themselves from damage due to being bent stuck in a
pocket.  A hard case is overkill. It's like I don't carry my laptop in a hard
briefcase, rather I use a cushioned laptop backpack.  My old Mako had the
keyboard fold up with screen to make a 'case' -- All vitals were protected when
you closed it up.

 IMHO, it would make more sense to offer a soft/impact resistant n800 'case'.

Ideally it might have some sort of modest chunk of protective shell in the case
middle to protect the screen from damage or at least to stop it from being
turned on by a misc bumping of the case.  I like to leave my unit 'on' so I
don't have to go thru a boot session each use.  Give me a few more moments to
search around the house/shop and I can probably figure something out to fill
that niche.

Should user's have to do this sort of stuff?  Hell no.

--

Always, Dr Fred C
[EMAIL PROTECTED]