Been there....done that. N800 is only device without decent carry solution.

If only they had semi-ruggedized it...there w/be minimal to no need for
case all the time. Some rubber bumpering around edges/perimeter w/be
enough. Then it's no-slip too.

Add in a neck lanyard/ring/eyelet...and I'm all over it like white on rice.

iPhone has proved you don't need a soft/mushy screen to do touch.

Sometimes that little N800 feels like a slippery stick of butter in my
hands.

mike