Hi,

ext David Fass wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.  I don't understand most of what you just said,
> however.  Can you elaborate?  What is a hacker edition?

Unsupported port of N800 software to 770:
        http://os2007on770.garage.maemo.org/

>  What is swap?

The device can use memory card to extend its memory.  Because swap
"memory" is written/read for disk instead of RAM, your device will get
much slower when more of this memory gets used, but it helps in
situations when you haven't got enough memory otherwise.  For more
information, see:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paging

You can enable swap from the control panel memory applet.
Do not remove your memory card without disabling swap or your apps crash.

        - Eero

> Thanks.
>
> -- Dave
>

> On Dec 20, 2007 8:08 AM, Eero Tamminen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> ext David Fass wrote:
>>> Just wondering, is there any hope for stable applications on the 770,
>>> or has that boat sailed?  I use AbiWord, which crashes at random
>>> moments.  I use the default browser which also crashes at random
>>> moments.  The computer frequently decides to restart itself at random