sebastian wrote:

 >> Maybe I should use the flasher to install OS2008.  Then I
 >> could use xterm.  I'll assume that WiFi would no longer be
 >> mandatory then.
 >
 > If you're able to use xterm, then you'll find a real Debian
 > system with usual features. But I don't understand your remark
 > about WiFi. Every time you change your /etc/apt/sources.list,
 > you should run 'apt-get update' with an active internet
 > connection. It's the same.

Silly me.  I just assumed that anything you can do in Linuxland
without xterm can be done better with xterm.  Thanks for correcting
my erroneous thinking.

In an earlier post to this list, you said that one could "manually
download the deb packages directly from the web repositories to
your PC and then transfer them to your tablet via USB. Then install
them directly with Application Manager."

Red Pill Mode isn't needed to do it this way, right?  I'm sorry
that I mentioned it earlier--it's a bit of a red herring, I guess.
I like the way that it lists dependencies.

I've had some difficulties finding the proper deb packages at the
web repositories.

Is an active internet connection required after the deb packages
are downloaded to the n800?

Tallyho,
Thomas Armagost
[EMAIL PROTECTED]