I had the same experience - I deleted documentation files and it seemed to
provide enough space but when I rebooted I got in an endless reboot loop and
had to reflash. Fortunately that fixed some other problems I was having like
the RSS feeder not working, still a pain setting up my claws mail accounts
again.

Mike