Hi,

ext Scott wrote:
Along these same lines, is there a file browser that will see the entire "disk" including the hidden folders so I can see where the files are piling up and which temp ones can be deleted? Or is there a utility for the n810 similar to TreeSize (windoze program) that will show you all the folders and how much space each folder (recursive) takes up?

I use something like the attached scripts from command line on
the device:
du-fs-contents.sh -- shows sizes of directory contents, dir at the time
package-sizes.sh -- list sizes of all packages according to pkg database

NOTE: the package (database) "Installed-Size" information isn't
trustworthy, the package can take a lot less disk space:
* on install certain documentation directories are removed from
  the packages (with docpurge) and amount of that can be quite large
* The file system is also LZO compressed, so files may take
  significantly less space than they appear. For example:
# cd /home/user/MyDocs/.documents
# lzop osso_software_copyright.pdf
# ls -s osso_software_copyright.pdf*
1359 osso_software_copyright.pdf
334  osso_software_copyright.pdf.lzo

I.e. the PDF file actually takes only few hundred KB from the file
system instead of over MB.  Some other files like jpeg, png, mp3, wma
etc ones are in an already compressed format.

Debian localepurge might also be useful, but I don't know whether
it can be easily used on our tablets:
        http://packages.debian.org/etch/localepurge

        - Eero