On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:41:47PM -0700, Mark Haury wrote:
> Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
> > Not nitpicking, but trying to point to a possible resolution: you *do*
> > need an active internet connection to receive your mail - so using
> > Goo-Docs doesn't sound like you'd be going "out of your way".
> >

> ...Which is why I mention it. However, email on mobile devices often doesn't
> require a continuous connection - just transfer messages while you're at a
> hotspot, then do most of the work offline, then send & receive again when
> you're
> at another hotspot.

Once upon a time, that was the way *all* email worked -- with
intermittent UUCO connections over telephone lines, and a lot of
relaying.

> If you've downloaded messages that have attachments you
> can't open, you're out of luck if you're on a train or plane or otherwise
> without Internet access while you're using the device.

Attachments are, I believe, part of the message.  It's URLs that point
putside the message that would cause problems.

The tablet should have a way of putting things on a queue for to be
looked at when you do have net connectivity.

-- hendrik