> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:41:47PM -0700, Mark Haury wrote:
>  > If you've downloaded messages that have attachments you
>  > can't open, you're out of luck if you're on a train or plane or otherwise
>  > without Internet access while you're using the device.
>
> Attachments are, I believe, part of the message.  It's URLs that point
>  putside the message that would cause problems.
>
>  The tablet should have a way of putting things on a queue for to be
>  looked at when you do have net connectivity.
>
>  -- hendrik

You misunderstand; we're talking about attachments that can't be
opened on the ITs because there's no application that can handle them.
Of course, attachments are integral to messages and it's only the
client that makes them appear to be separate. However, if you're using
IMAP rather than POP, things get a little fuzzy... ;-)