Am 13.01.2012 09:01, schrieb Oliver Burger:
Am Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2012, 22:43:54 schrieb Florian Hubold:
On 01/12/2012 04:17 PM, Johnny A. Solbu wrote:
As far as I understand, that is a common British thing to do when one
agree
with the current speaker.
Well, directly translating this phrase into german, it has another meaning.
Used in colloquial language, it means something like ironically saying
"well, look at that" or "enough with this nonsense" but also in the form
Johnny used it.
You must have a different dirct translation than me. Directly translating it
into German makes no sense at all :D

I would translate it with "Hört! Hört!", which isn't used anymore, but is still understandable.

Regards,
Thorsten