Am 22.06.2011 10:51, schrieb grenoya:
Hello

I'd like to make science libraries and softwares more visible in Mageia.

Mageia, like other distro, contains a big amount of packages for
scientists (more than ScientificLinux in fact :) ).
But no distro are doing ads about that.
Looking around french labs, I noted the distro used and the reasons :
- ScientificLinux -> because of the name (which is a joke for me)
- Debian -> for stability
- Fedora -> for security
- Mandriva -> because it's French and/or there are contributors in lab's
sysadmin team
I'm not saying Mageia has more things than Fedora, Debian and Mdv. I
just want to show to scientific community, that they can also use Mageia :)

The first step was for me to list all that we have and all that we miss.
It has been done here :
http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=sciencesig

I'd think the second step would be to make a groupe of wiki/web pages
(by type or by application domain ?).
What do you think about that ?
Do some of you want to help or have any idea ?

Cheers
grenoya


Just a small note, in that direction:
My colleague and me would be very happy, if R (the statistic programming language) - or to be more exact rscript - would work properly.

https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1434

Regards,
Thorsten

Reply via email to