As I mentioned to some of you, there's a proposal to begin work on a
book on Mahout. It sounds early, but the publisher assures me it's
about the right time to begin, if we want a book out at roughly the
time '1.0' rolls out in a year or so. I've heard support for the idea,
and think it's a good thing.

I'm going to move forward drafting a proposal and draft outline of
such a thing. It seems so far I am the (only?) one interested in
significant work in writing such a thing, which is cool, so I can
drive this -- but I'd be concerned if it were just me speaking for the
project book. Hence:

- Who else might be interested in being a co-author and putting in
significant work?
- Would anyone care to read the proposal before I send it in?
- Would anyone help me, in the short term, draft an outline of the
content of the classification and clustering sections?

Sean