That is indeed how I am positioning it in this draft  book proposal --
it's for a 'Mahout in Action' book from Manning. They want to
understand why this wouldn't be just another Collective Intelligence
in Action (which I do think is quite a good book, at least, I learned
a good deal about Lucene from it.)