I don't have a strong view on Colt vs anything else. The only thing
that would concern me here would be to let this block 0.2, if it's not
even fully clear what the change will be, or implemented or tested.
This is months off at this rate? Without a clear picture that this is
getting wrapped up in a week, I'd strongly push the modest suggestion
that it simply not be part of 0.2. Absolutely not saying it shouldn't
be done. Not even saying it should be done soon -- I think 0.3 should
follow soon and in general we should release more often.

We're another week on in the discussion about releasing 0.2. Two folks
seem ready to go. May I ask again what it seems 0.2 can't be released
without? Having put a load of changes I'm keen to get into the wild
myself, I'm aware of the drawbacks to letting this drag on a while. I
really feel like people have "1.0" in mind when they say "0.2". This
definitely doesn't need to be perfect, just roughly stable and a
significant iteration over 0.1, and it is.

Could I ask anyone that really wants this issue to be in 0.2 to at
least name a deadline and create a plan to make it happen? seems like
a reasonable request now. Otherwise it's 0.3.