Here's what is marked 0.2 plus suggested actions. I am basically
suggesting the things that are 'pretty ready' be submitted and
published -- if they're 85% done, definitely good enough for an 0.2
release, and worth getting them play-tested. (Or else, decide they
need another month or two, and mark for 0.3) And then that takes care
of just about everything for 0.2

        MAHOUT-163      Get (better) cluster labels using Log Likelihood Ratio

Open     17/Sep/09

No recent action here, but seemed ready enough to submit as of last
patch. Do so or mark 0.3?

        MAHOUT-171      Move deployment to repository.apache.org
 Open    02/Oct/09

Seems ready to submit?

        MAHOUT-185      Add mahout shell script for easy launching of various
algorithms               Open    06/Oct/09

Very new, sounds like something for 0.3

        MAHOUT-170      Enable Java compile optimize flag during build
 Open    07/Oct/09

Go ahead and submit? the original change seemed quite uncontroversial.
Robin suggested a further change. Either submit or mark 0.3

        MAHOUT-186      Classifier PriorityQueue returns erroneous results

Patch Available  08/Oct/09

Two patches available. I would like my patch for this issue to get
some feedback -- would prefer it be submitted or some even better
hybrid of it and the first patch.

        MAHOUT-148      Convert Classification Algs to use richer Writable
syntax           Patch Available         10/Oct/09

Ready to submit?

        MAHOUT-157      Frequent Pattern Mining using Parallel FP-Growth
         Patch
Available        13/Oct/09

Seems like still work in progress. If it's 'good enough', submit and
continue iterating. Or mark 0.3

        MAHOUT-165      Using better primitives hash for sparse vector for
performance gains                Open    14/Oct/09

Per discussion, move the remainder (migration to Colt or something) to 0.3

        MAHOUT-106      PLSI/EM in pig based on hofmann's ACM 04 paper.
 Patch
Available        27/Aug/09

This looks like something better tagged as 'unknown version'; don't
understand the status

        MAHOUT-114      Release Process Needs to sign published dependencies
such
as Hadoop, etc.          Open    06/Apr/09

Not clear on status here, mark as 0.3?