On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So we have sl4fj -> JCL -> log4j, wow, just to log stuff. What can you do, I
> suppose.

Yeah, it seems really silly to me too. We could always go slf4j-log4j
-> log4j, but that leaves the people who don't like log4j out in the
cold, so it the 2 level dep seems to be the fair way to go.

To me log4j is the lesser evil (vs. java.util.logging). I can't
understand why sun made the decision to have each log message split
across 2 lines by default. As you point out it's a matter of personal
preference, so I'll just handle it locally. Thx.