A semantic note... the original Hadoop (the stuffed toy) is, in fact,
yellow.  To me, that means that the Hadoop (software icon) elephant should
plausibly be yellow as, indeed, it is in the hadoop logo.  It also means
that mahout qua mahout should claim a somewhat different color.  The blue is
a reasonable choice there because it is the complement to the yellow.  Tying
the mahout figure to the word with the color is very nice.