Artistic arguments as I have seen, usually takes a lot of time. So since
there are a lot of choice, being a mahout'er, I would like to use an
algorithm here. Maybe a preference weighted scoring. (scores of 5,3,2 for
preference 1,2,3)

Write down top 3 choices from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-335

so choose from 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or vote against all of the choices and say I
would like to stick with the old logo
We will then find out the winner and  I can work on finer details and
possibly make it before the release get cut

I will start with my choices

1. 4   (blue person, yellow elephant with blue text and grey border)
2. 3   (blue person, yellow elephant with blue text and green border)
3. 5   (blue round-figure, yellow elephant with blue text and green shade)

Robin