On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org> wrote:
> GSI: I personally think the Opt-In model is best as it helps cement that
> someone is truly interested in helping out.  Consider this my "I'm in"
> declaration if we go that route.

Agree with this. Or else, the PMC isn't so useful to define as
something separate from the committer list. I'd be glad to be on the
PMC.

> GSI: Barring the Board suggesting otherwise, I'd suggest we handle the
> election privately after the TLP is established so just as we do with any
> personnel matter (i.e. electing committers).

Sounds good.

>      RESOLVED, that the Apache Mahout Project be and hereby is
>      responsible for the creation and maintenance of software
>      related to a distributed computing platform; and be it further

Probably doesn't matter but do we want to label this a
machine-learning project as well i this charter?

>      RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>      hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
>      Apache Mahout Project:

(Modulo anyone that opts into emeritus status before then yes)