Ok this is a good concrete example, I like concrete. :)

I'm still very wary of having to have some mapper or reducer classes deal
with LabeledVector some deal with just Vector...

Maybe the right thing to do for now is keep the name in Vector directly, but
fix the serialization which currently can't distinguish between "" and null
properly.

When we get avro in, maybe it will show the way to nicely handle this kind
of typesafe way of dealing with optional data.

  -jake