Rushang Gajjal writes:

 > I wanted the confirmation at the earliest regarding whether they
 > are any chances of me getting shortlisted for GSOC if I start
 > working now so that I can start drafting a Proposal and make a few
 > contributions, Pull Requests.

There's no "shortlisting".  You check the issue trackers on Gitlab[1] for
"easy" tasks (some labelled as such, many are not) to satisfy the "get
something (anything!) merged" requirement, you ask about specific
tasks that might become your GSoC project here, you help other people
get their work done, and you submit a proposal.

We'll consider you the same as anybody else as long as you get your
proposal in by deadline, and evaluate you based on (1) your prospects
for completing the work proposed, (2) the degree of potential for
future contribution to Mailman that you show, and (3) the importance
of your project to the Mailman project.  (1) and (2) are definitely
more important than (3) in my opinion.  Abhilash is authoritative on
these matters if you want more assurance than "Steve's opinion".

Steve

Footnotes:
[1]  Note that there are separate tracker indicies for each subproject
if you're not yet familiar with Gitlab.  It doesn't matter which
subproject you contribute to to satisfy the merge request requirement,
since they all use the same process.