Am 04.01.21 um 21:49 schrieb Terri Oda:
> Happy new year everyone!

Happy new year, too!

I've been working on installing mailman3 in several environments where postfix
integration is a bit tricky (mailman
server is different from postfix mail server, we're using docker in one case)
so the handling of lookup maps via files
is a pain. On one installation I had to rsync generated maps from the mailman
machine to the mail sever, on the other
one I'm still struggling to understand why postfix won't open the NFS-shared
files having mode 0660 even though uid matches.

So my GSoC proposal is: Provide postfix_domains, postfix_lmtp, postfix_vmap
access using the socketmap interface.

Socketmap (http://www.postfix.org/socketmap_table.5.html) is one way of
providing maps to Postfix without sharing files.
Writing a socketmap server should be easy enough but could be very helpful for
multi-server setups.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin