On 1/20/21 7:35 AM, costavitor...@gmail.com wrote:

> I was debuging lmtp runner, and I can see that using "owners" it goes to
> queue "in", and Switchboard unqueue receives the message. But without
> "owners", it goes to "in" queue but unqueue method is not called.

Do you mean 'enqueue'?  In any case, , the code at
<https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/-/blob/master/src/mailman/runners/lmtp.py#L192>
sets the queue to 'in' if there is no '-subaddress' and
<https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/-/blob/master/src/mailman/runners/lmtp.py#L215>
queues the message.

Are you saying the message never gets to the 'in' queue?

> How can I debug why the mailing list is never sent to members?

First, set

[logging.smtp]
level: debug

in mailman.cfg and see if you get the log message from
<https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/-/blob/master/src/mailman/runners/lmtp.py#L217>
in Mailman's smtp.log

> Another thing that is happening, is in Hyperkitty, the mailing list never
> shows as active. And it haves 0 participants and 0 discussions.  When I'm
> creating a new thread, I receive the message that email was sent but it never
> arrives to any recipient. I thought that it requires an actual email to sent
> to turn the mailing list as active. But at this moment I'm not quite sure
> about it.

When you post from HyperKitty, the message is delivered to Mailman core,
but it is not archived in HyperKitty until core sends it back to
HyperKitty as part of core's processing of the message.