On Wed, Jan 20, 2021, at 12:07 PM, costavitor...@gmail.com wrote:
> Mark Sapiro wrote:
> > On 1/20/21 9:54 AM, costavitor...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > Yes, I receive the logging with:
> > > subaddress: None, queue: in
> > > And then I have another few lines of logging, with nothing relevant
> > > ending up in
> > > Connection lost during _handle_client()
> > > That is normal.
> > > If I send with the prefix owner, after the same line
> > > I have a line saying:
> > > envsender:
> > > xxxx-teste222-bounces+emanuel-d-vitorino=telecom...@xxxxxxxx.pt,
> > > recipients:
> > > ['emanuel-d-vitor...@xxxxxx.pt'], size(msgtext): 464
> > > This one comes from mailman/mta/connection.py when the message is being
> > sent to the recipients. Since you don't see that, the message never gets
> > this far.
> > Since mail to -owner works, the incoming runner is processing the 'in'
> > queue so something happens between the message being picked up from the
> > 'in' queue and delivery.
> > First, check Mailman's
> > bin/mailman members --regular --nomail enabled list.example.com
> returns two users. Mine that is also owner and another one that only
> subscribed the mailing list
>
> > where list.example.com is the actual list id to ensure there are members
> > who should receive the mail. Then check Mailman's mailman.log and
> > debug.log for clues. You may need to set
> > [logging.debug]
> > level: debug
> > [logging.error]
> > level:debug
> > To get more logging.
>
> Everything logging. No errors.
>
> core/switchboard.py:97 (enqueue)
> Is this method that handles the queue?
> I'm logging the entire method, and on line 135 Im logging msgsave variable.
> And it's filled with some data
> After that, I receive DISCARD from chains/discard.py:45
>
> If I send with prefix owner, I receive also from chains/owner.py OWNER:. ....
> here I believe that is the expected behavior.
> After this, it runs again enqueue and anything else. No DISCARD or anything
>
> What happens before chains that could DISCARD the message?
> Could it be any misconfiguration of my part?

Do you see the posted message in any other queues, shunt or hold or some other?

The default owners chain doesn’t have any checks as such right now, but the
default
chain that accepts message has a bunch of Rules to determine what to do with the
message, which is probably causing this behavior IMO.

There are a coupe of checks that can cause the message to be discarded, for
example,
are you setting the `From:` headers (no-sender rule)?

The entire list of rules is here[1] and you can find code for each of the rules
[2] and also
the docs for each of the rules[3]

[1]:
https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/-/blob/master/src/mailman/chains/builtin.py#L40
[2]: https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/-/tree/master/src/mailman/rules
[3]:
https://docs.mailman3.org/projects/mailman/en/latest/src/mailman/rules/docs/rules.html

If you can’t find the message in any of the queue, that means the message is
being
discarded. There are a few rules that can cause a direct discard if you look at
[1] and some
rules like member/non-member moderations, header-filters may cause a discard
based
on the settings.

Some other things to check would be to get the mailing list settings check the
default
member and non-member actions.

I hope that is helpful.

--