On Aug 16, 2004, at 8:42 AM, Brad Knowles wrote:

At 2:27 PM +0200 2004-08-16, Brad Knowles wrote:

  Thank you for listening. Sometimes the old "count to ten" principle
  wouldn't hurt.

Counting to ten wouldn't help if the original poster doesn't bother to search the FAQ or the archives, and yet the answer is easily found there.

I've been thinking about this a bit more. I can change the stock answer I give to the following:

This is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question). Please search the
FAQ Wizard and the archives of this mailing list in accordance
with the FAQ entry at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py? req=show&file=faq01.022.htp>.

                If you have done so and still not found the answer to your
                question(s), please let us know what your problem is and what
                you searched for, and we should be able to update the FAQ
                Wizard to suit.

FWIW, I liked it better before. Short, direct, to the point.

-Jeff