At 04:17 PM 8/20/2004 -0500, you wrote:
On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 15:22, Richard Barrett wrote:
> Am I alone in taking exception to people posting to this list and then
> having some crap software intercepting the responses they have
> solicited from the list's subscribers.

Well, if they only want to receive messages from the list itself and not
from personal email addresses, I suppose it is within their right and it
is their choice to do so.

David

It is also the intuitive thing to do and is also the common practice with most list management services. I write to a list - I expect my responses come from the list, especially if I sign up for a daily digest. Instead I am bombarded by hostile individual responses.

Very unpleasant to be on the receiving end of list running on a Mailman server. I know know how my users feel...