On 18-Jun-08, at 4:04 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have searched all over for how to do true virtual list with mailman and finely decided to run multiple mailman installs side by side.

This doesn't answer your questions, but have you considered giving the lists unique names, but doing aliasing so that they look right to the users?

For example, if you want to have [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED],

Mailman could believe that these are

(distinct names)

But then you can set up [EMAIL PROTECTED] to point to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and ditto for example2. You users use the shorter names to post to the lists, alter other settings like the prefix tag to match, and in theory everyone's happy. :)

The reason I mention this:
You may have some reason for wanting true virtual domains and have already discarded this idea, but I've found some clever aliasing is a good enough solution for a lot of people, and it's a lot easier than running multiple installations or using patches.

Also, there's an FAQ entry on this but (in my opinion) it seems like it could use an update:

http://wiki.list.org/x/jIA9

If you found other resources that you found useful, please add them to that wiki page!

 Terri