On 18 Jun 2008, at 10:04, adsarebad-at-......... wrote:

I have searched all over for how to do true virtual list with mailman and finely decided to run multiple mailman installs side by side.

Have you seen <http://www.gurulabs.com/downloads/postfix-to-mailman-2.1.py >?

It was included with my Mailman install. This does not require system- wide aliases for the various lists (so you should set MTA = None).

I don’t think it will verify that the domain is the proper one (for mails sent to each list), but it should be simple to duplicate the service as mailman-list-a, b, c and setup the different ones to be used as transport for the different list domains (via transport_maps in postfix/main.cf), that way, Postfix will help do the validation.