Mark Sapiro wrote:

Right. That's why you have to look at the raw archive mbox file (not
the html archive or the periodic .txt or .txt.gz file). That's the
only place that will have the original envelope sender in the "From "
separator and the original Sender:.

Thanks! Got it! They spoofed a legitimate list member on the Return-Path:, which also showed up on the first ("From ") message header line. The From:, Reply-To: reflected the purported spammer and there was no Sender: in the raw mbox file. The good news is that there was no Approved: or Approve: but we're changing passwords anyway.

I don't suppose there's anything we can do about this other than change that particular user's email address... is there?
--
Steve Lindemann                         __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign