On 11/23/2011 4:11 AM, Carlos Palomino wrote:
Hello all,

Several subscribers of my list are complaining of duplicate posts.  They say it happens
"only sometimes".

Are there any common reasons for such occurrences?  I don't experience this on
my test-member account or in my regularly subscribed address, so it's difficult
to track down.

I run about 200 lists, so get this complaint fairly regularly. In virtually every case, or every case it turns out to be user error -- Mailman just doesn't send out duplicate posts, it seems to me. People may have subscribed under two different addresses, or in one case the user had a mail filter in place that was bad, and directed messages to two different places.

Unsubscribe their address, and if they still get messages, have them forward to you with headers, so you can see what is going on at their end.

Dave