A few minutes ago I wrote:

my site list does exist....  But mail doesn't get delivered to it....
My own guess, as far as it goes, is that the problem has something to
do with this server being set up to host multiple virtual domains,
and with the site list having been created by Network Solutions
before I installed my own virtual domain.

I think I've just found the problem. Doing a dumpdb on the site list and on one of my regular lists, I find that 'host_name' is different.

So probably all I need to know is how to get the correct name (the virtual domain name) into the list database where Mailman will find it.

I'm still new to Mailman and Python, though I've done various other sorts of Unix programming (including writing my own software for the previous incarnation of my mailing lists, using shellscripts).

--
Larry Kuenning
la...@qhpress.org