On Mon, 23 Mar 2015, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

On Mon, 2015-03-23 at 11:23 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
I know of exactly one that's "proper" in this regard.  One of the
reasons I keep Evolution as my primary MUA is because it allows me to
extract a message/rfc822 part from a multipart/mixed MIME structure and
save it _as an email_ in the mail folder of my choice, at which point I
can deal with it as I wish.

T-bird doesn't do this, or didn't used to.

As far back as I can remember, T-bird does do this. It will display all
messages in a multipart/digest inline, but also list them as
'attachments' which can be opened in a separate T-bird window and/or
saved to a file.

T-bird comes close, but no cigar. I've tinkered with it to try to make it do what Thomas suggested was proper (with which I agree).

I didn't. You misattributed a previous post to me.

My suggestion is to turn off the digest option unless you'd start losing/not getting subscribers to a significant degree. (Which would typically occur for really high volume lists. Most lists aren't.)

Thomas Gramstad
tho...@ifi.uio.no