I admit I haven’t been following this thread very closely, and don’t intend to
do so.  (There’s a reason I turned over project management a few years ago :).

Just a couple of points.

> On Sep 15, 2020, at 18:11, Brian Carpenter <brian_carpen...@emwd.com> wrote:
>
> When you say py3, are you talking about python 3? Are you trying to make mm2
> python 3 compatible?

I think that will be pretty challenging actually.  At least, it was when I did
it years ago.  And unless you’re *really* careful to avoid the temptation to
“fix" things along the way, you’ll probably end up with something not too far
away from Mailman 3. ;)   But hey, it’ll definitely be fun.

The only other point to make is to remember that Mailman is “GNU Mailman”.  2
or 3, it’s still a GNU project, which means more than just being covered under
some flavor of the GPL.  Just saying that if responsibility for MM2 is
transferred, you’ll need to coordinate with the GNU project.

Cheers, and good luck!
-Barry