Is it technically possible to interact via an API from a simple mobile app
with different Mailman servers?

My thought is something simple that could in theory be expanded into an app
that interfaces with your groups and public groups on Mailman, BuddyPress,
Discourse and other open source hosted online groups. You'd paste in the
URLs of your online groups/list sites in some way.

Like the olden days of news groups and the experience of an RSS reader, you
could quickly scan the number of new posts over X time or since you last
opened the app and then dip into the groups of interest and if you can
authenticate yourself, post on lists/groups where you are a member.

Thoughts?

I am evaluating whether in the age of Facebook Groups, NextDoor, and mobile
apps if an open source/non-commercial path to viable online neighborhood
groups with mass participation is possible. We have a bunch of online
groups to move from GroupServer for E-Democracy.org.

Thanks,
Steven Clift

P.S. I see that this is out there for Discourse:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discourse